GOODWILL ADVISORY MESSAGE TO AFRICAN YOUTH:
Change for a stronger and stable Africa.
Change to secure your own future and uplift Africa's image.
Chage requires determination and willpower.
The following list has been compiled based on observations and experiences. If any applies to you make the best efforts to change.
- Use your willpower to resist and manage peer pressure by any means necessary
- Don't be shy but be respectful and have self-confidence
- Learn to have good judgment and be yourself at all times
- Do not smoke or abuse illegal drugs simply because your friends or peers do it. There will be consequences no matter how long it takes. You are better of finding new friends than laying the foundation for self-destruction
- If you feel you are in the bad company of friends and peers make up an excuse and get out. Don't gamble your life away
- Learn to differentiate good friends from bad ones. Good friends give you the freedom to make good choices. Bad friends pressure you to do their bidding
- Endeavor not to be gullible. It will save you time , energy and money
- Do not simply ask for or seek material things because your friends and your peers have them.Only ask for things that you absolutely need
- If you find yourself in the habit of "I want this", "I want that", "do this for me", "do that for me" ensure that your wants are necessary and reasonable
- Know that beggars have no choice. Wish on things and hope you get them
- If someone offers you a silver coin do not suggest or insist on a gold coin instead. Appreciating the silver coin may soon earn you a gold coin
- Learn to seize on good opportunities that will benefit you in the long term
- Let your dreams be reasonable and achievable by you to the best of your abilities
- Invest your time and youthful energy in educating yourself and acquiring tangible skills now. The right opportunities will present themselves
- Feed your dreams with hard work and self-discipline in order to achieve those dreams
- Work hard now with the aim of making things better for yourself, your family and your community
- Let education prepare you to be able to change or improve upon the things that don't work in society as well as to discover new solutions and create new things for the benefit of society as a whole. Keep this in mind as you make the grades
- If you go to school do not look down on or shun those who don't. There may be reasonable circumstances beyond their control
- Do not forget to play and have fun but avoid unnecessary loitering that can entertain crime and violence
- Always remember to show appreciation for the little things that other people do to help your survival and your journey through life
- Do not imitate behaviors from your peers that may land you in trouble
- Be determined to become the best you can at whatever you believe you are good at. Your efforts will one day pay off
|Project Goodwill Africa hopes the youth will take away from the above and make determined efforts on their journey through